The Minor Oaks Hockey Association is calling on the Oakville community to help support our House League teams for the 2013-2014 season!
Please click on the below link for more information and to fill out a sponsorship request.
Did your child play in the MOHA House League this past season?
Let us know how your experience was and what we can do to improve for the 2013-2014 season.
Please fill out the below survey by May 1, 2013. Your feedback is important to us and will be taken into account when making decisions impacting the House League program.
The MOHA is now recruiting Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Trainers, Team Managers, and Convenors for the 2013-2014 House League season!
Interested applicants are asked to read the below information and apply online at www.moha.on.ca. The volunteer application form can be found under the "Administration" tab under "Forms and Documents". Deadline to apply is Tuesday July 2, 2013.
Necessary Qualifications (applicable to new and existing coaches):
In addition to a Vulnerable Sector Police Screening (renewable every four years)
1.Head Coach and Assistant Coach:
Below Novice (Initiation/Tyke): Intro Coach (CHIP) and Speak Out or Respect in Sport (online version of Speak Out)
Novice-Atom: Intro Coach (CHIP) or Coach Stream and Speak Out or Respect in Sport (online version of Speak Out)
Minor Peewee-Juvenile: Coach Stream and Speak Out or Respect in Sport (online version of Speak Out)
2. Trainer: HTCP Level 1 and Speak Out or Respect in Sport (online version of Speak Out)
3. Manager: Speak Out or Respect in Sport (online version of Speak Out)
4. On-Ice Volunteer: Speak Out or Respect in Sport (online version of Speak Out)
5. Convenor: Speak Out or Respect in Sport (online version of Speak Out)
Good to know information:
- The trainer certification can be done online, more information is available at this link: http://www.hdcoelearning.com/Store/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseId=2
- Trainer certifications must be renewed every 3 years. A trainer refresher course can be done online prior to August 31st of the last year of certification. Past August 31st your certification will officially expire and you will have to re-take the whole level.
- MOHA will cover the cost for volunteers to obtain their Intro Coach, Coach Stream, HTCP Trainer 1 certifications, and trainer refresher course.
- Intro Coach (CHIP) and Speak Out/Respect In Sport do not expire, so if you have already taken these certifications, you are good to go!
- Coach Stream must be renewed every 3 years
How do I get my certifications?
- Trainer, trainer refresher and Respect in Sport can be done online through the OMHA- www.omha.net/clinics
- Intro Coach and Coach Stream are generally held at the MOHA office from 8am to 4pm. Below is a listing of the clinics coming up:
- May clinics fill up fast as people try to get them done while they’re still in “hockey mode”
The Oakville Chargers MD Minor Peewee team won the St. Catherines Hurricanes John MacDonald MD Tournament last weekend (Dec 14-16). The Chargers played up to their competition of MD & AE teams with strong checking and solid defensive play, allowing only 1 goal against per game. The Chargers defeated North London, Oakridge, and Woolwich before advancing to the semi-finals against Brantford with a 2-1 overtime victory. They then faced the home team St. Catherine’s Hurricanes which the Chargers defeated 5-1 in the final.The Oakville Chargers are Grayden Stauffer, Samuel Moro, Hunter MacKinnon, Linden Tiels, Keelan Froats, Noah Westwater, Nolan Feddema, Angus Samson, Thomas Clare, Aaron Bis, Matthew Rouse, Michael Fabiano, Ethan Bis, Nicolas Dessureault , Justin Beaulne and Dylan Muscat. They are coached by Ken Feddema, Jeff Stauffer, JP. Muscat, and trainer Chris Rouse
In this spirit of community service, the AMP #10 program has been created to assist underprivileged hockey players in Oakville and beyond.
For more information on the AMP#10 program and to order patches, please click on the below link.
Telephone: (905) 338-9220 | Fax: (905) 338-9677 | Postal Addr: 2070 Wyecroft Road, Unit 2, Oakville L6L 5V6